Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion g6
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, Here i'm using the window 10 operating system in the pavilon g6 laptop. here wifi is not showing only i'm able to access Internet through the Lan ony, can someone provide the wifi drivers for my system 

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@ganapathi1,

Good Day.  Thank you for posting your query in the HP community.  I read the post regarding issues with wifi drivers for your G6 notebook running Windows 10. I will be delighted to assist you here.

Superb description and spectacular troubleshooting and commendable diagnosis of the issue before posting. Kudos to you for that. 🙂

For better clarity and to assist you better I would require more information regarding this:

• Did you check the H support site if drivers are present for this notebook?
  • Please provide the complete model# or product # of the computer to assist you correctly.
  • Did you check in device manager and find out which Wireless adapter is present?
  • Based on the wireless module present in device manager, did you try to update the drivers for Windows 10 from the manufacture’s site?

For now, let me keep you posted about a few things.

• This is an old notebook and it was manufactured long before Windows 10 was released.
  • So, the original manufacturers don’t supply the parts to HP to build this computer anymore and it is no more manufactured by HP or service options for this product are no longer available.
  • Again, as it is not manufactured and there are service options no longer available the drivers are not updated for this product for Windows 10.

Please visit http://hp.com/drivers

• Select the country and type the product# of the computer.
  • Check If Windows 10 drivers are available. It is not likely to be available.
  • If windows 8 or windows 8.1 drivers are available then try installing them and check if it works.
  • Right-click the start button and select device manager> and expand Network adapters.
  • Right click on the listed Wireless adapter and left click on update.
  • Make sure that you are connected to the internet through your LAN cable.
  • Select the option “Search automatically for updated driver software and follow the on-screen instructions.
  • Now check if it gets updated as it gets updated with the latest version of the drivers.
  • If it is not found it will let you know about it.
  • The original manufacturers of the wireless card may not have an updated driver for Windows 10.

Another method would be to go to the original wireless card manufacturer’s site and try to update the wireless card driver from there.

If it still does not work then they have not released the updated driver for Windows 10 for this wireless card and hence it is not hosted on the HP support site.

A great workaround would be is to buy a USB wireless dongle from Best Buy or Staples or from Amazon or e-bay and plug it to one of the USB ports of the computer. Then connect it to the router to go online. It is very economical and cost-effective and can be ordered for a song.  

This should do the trick for you.

Perform all these steps patiently as it is critical to resolving the issue. Good luck to you. I will keep a watch for your response. Please remember that we are not overloading you with a lot of troubleshooting steps. Instead, we are as eager as you are to get the situation corrected.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as Accepted Solution as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care and have a blessed week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

my model number is 

HP Pavilion g6-2226tu Notebook PC and in the device manager not showing any wifi drivers it is only showing Lan drivers. still problem remains same..

HP Recommended

@ganapathi1 (Namaste, that's the extent of my sanskrit 😉 )

It looks like you were interacting with @DavidSMP, but he is out for the day & I'll be glad to help you out, I'm the Riddle_Decipher & I'm at your service (Like a Genie without magic powers) 😉 

I reviewed your concern and the entire conversation, did some research and here's what I recommend:

As the previous tech suggested, please consider getting an external USB dongle (example: Click here) to resolve this issue as the device could have a hardware malfunction.

To be sure, run a hardware test using the below steps:

1. Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.

2. Turn on the computer and immediately press Esc repeatedly, about once every second. When the menu appears, press the F2 key.

3. On the main menu, click Component Tests.

Figure : Selecting Component Tests from the main menu

Selecting Component Tests from the main menu
  4. The Component Tests menu displays.

Your Component Tests menu might be different, depending on the components installed on your computer

• Network Test - The Network Test checks your system to make sure that the network controller is functioning properly. This requires the network cable to be attached and connected to a network. The test will attempt to configure the network controller using DHCP and communicate with the DHCP server.

To run the test, click Network, and then click Run Once.

The Network test time is 1 minute.

• Wireless Module Test - The Wireless Module Test checks your system to make sure the wireless module was properly detected by the BIOS and is enabled for use.

To run the test, click Wireless Module, and then click Run once.

The Wireless Module Test takes 30 seconds to complete.

Keep us posted, 

(We shall troubleshoot as a team, fight till the end and emerge victorious)

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

feel free to give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, 

Followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" button.

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

SAINI E-MITRA

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.