Post new question
Question

Student
Message 1 of 4 (29,731 Views)

wifi icon not showing on my taskbar

i install a new window and my wifi icon not showing on taskbar....is it a drivver problem??? i install drivers but wifi icon is not showing and in settings "there is no device"

i m using windows 8. my laptop hp 15 notebook pc

0 Kudos
Associate Dean
Message 2 of 4 (29,714 Views)

Re: wifi icon not showing on my taskbar

Hi

1. Right click the Windows button (Start Menu), and select Properties
  2. In the Properties dialog box, click the Notification Area tab.
  3. In the Systems Icons area, ensure that the Network checkbox is selected.
  4. Click Apply, then Ok.
Let us know how it goes!

"I work for HP."
****Click the (purple thumbs up icon in the lower right corner of a post) to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****

Regards
Manjunath
Student
Message 3 of 4 (21,159 Views)

I was recently given a compaq presario V6350.  I currently have wifi at my home but I am unable to connect to wifi on this device. I even have an adapter which doesn't work.  The wifi icon does not display on taskbar neither does the light change from amber.  HELP!!!!!

Retired
Message 4 of 4 (21,119 Views)

Hello @KCK60

Welcome to the HP Forums, and thanks for posting! Smiley Happy 

I'd be happy to assist with the wireless issues you're having with your presario computer!

Can you please follow the steps here - http://ow.ly/XnZL300dhzo - and let me know your product number? 

Are you able to connect to the internet temporarily using an Ethernet cable? What version of Windows is installed on the computer?

I look forward to hearing back and working toward a resolution.

If these steps resolved your issue please click "Accept as Solution." You can also click the "Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the right to say "Thanks!" 

HeyListen
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation