10-23-2014 01:56 AM
i install a new window and my wifi icon not showing on taskbar....is it a drivver problem??? i install drivers but wifi icon is not showing and in settings "there is no device"
i m using windows 8. my laptop hp 15 notebook pc
10-23-2014 06:02 AM
- Right click the Windows button (Start Menu), and select Properties.
- In the Properties dialog box, click the Notification Area tab.
- In the Systems Icons area, ensure that the Network checkbox is selected.
- Click Apply, then Ok.
"I work for HP."
****Click the (purple thumbs up icon in the lower right corner of a post) to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
08-06-2016 05:08 PM
I was recently given a compaq presario V6350. I currently have wifi at my home but I am unable to connect to wifi on this device. I even have an adapter which doesn't work. The wifi icon does not display on taskbar neither does the light change from amber. HELP!!!!!
08-07-2016 02:47 PM
Welcome to the HP Forums, and thanks for posting!
I'd be happy to assist with the wireless issues you're having with your presario computer!
Can you please follow the steps here - http://ow.ly/XnZL300dhzo - and let me know your product number?
Are you able to connect to the internet temporarily using an Ethernet cable? What version of Windows is installed on the computer?
I look forward to hearing back and working toward a resolution.
If these steps resolved your issue please click "Accept as Solution." You can also click the "Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the right to say "Thanks!"
I work on behalf of HP
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!
- HP PCs - Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 10)
- HP PCs - Troubleshooting Your Wireless Network and Internet Connection (Windows 7)
- HP PCs - Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 8)
- HP PCs - Using Bluetooth Devices (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - Slow Internet Troubleshooting (Windows 10, 8)