Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP All-in-One 24-f0066
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My hard drive failed recently. I put in an ssd and have managed to install Win 10. However, there is no indication of even the presence of a wifi capability, only seems to do ethernet or bluetooth. I am tearing my hair out trying to get wifi which I know is in there because it was originally there. No apparent driver is listed on the hp site. I can't do much in setting this PC up without internet!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

This problem demonstrated to me how hard it can be. It seemed that when I tried to update or change drivers, every time I restarted the machine that Win 10 found the hardware and changed the drivers back to what Microsoft thought best. I have never been real handy with drivers, but this time I just lost the fight. I ended up just getting a $15 usb wifi stick which suits my needs just fine. So that was my solution, not elegant but effective.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi:

Since you have Bluetooth, that means the Wifi adapter is present, because the Bluetooth radio is on the Wifi card's circuit board.

I see what you mean about no wifi driver on the support page.  Plenty of Bluetooth drivers, but no wifi.

Your PC comes with the Realtek RTL8821CE wifi adapter according to the parts list.

Here are the links to the latest Wifi and Bluetooth drivers for that model card.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp135501-136000/sp135885.exe 

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp135501-136000/sp135683.exe 

HP Recommended

This problem demonstrated to me how hard it can be. It seemed that when I tried to update or change drivers, every time I restarted the machine that Win 10 found the hardware and changed the drivers back to what Microsoft thought best. I have never been real handy with drivers, but this time I just lost the fight. I ended up just getting a $15 usb wifi stick which suits my needs just fine. So that was my solution, not elegant but effective.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.