3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

wifi not working fine

hp 15 ac 122tu
Linux

hi ,

i have hp 15 ac 122 tu notebook and it is having Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8723BE PCIe Wireless Network Adapter. if i install ubuntu/ kali linux, centos(linux os) with all posible updates and versions , wifi inerface is not getting connected sometimes and if it gets connected speed is too slow. some times packets are not getting recieved on wlan0 interface.

i want my system work fine on linux os , please help me out

9 REPLIES 9
Teacher
Teacher
53 53 3 10
Message 2 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

wifi not working fine

Hello there

I use OpenSuse 42.1 with none of the problems you describe.

0 Kudos
abhiambure Honor Student
Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

wifi not working fine

why this problem is with linux versions and i am quite familier with ubuntu and centos, i dont wish to switch on any other flavour , please help me if to get correct driver for it. 

My wifi interface is not getting connected easily, i need to go closer to wifi, once it gets connected RX count of the interface is not incresing even though ping packtets are going out to lan ip's

0 Kudos
PhD Student
PhD Student
1,020 963 31 106
Message 4 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

wifi not working fine

Hi

My wifi interface is not getting connected easily, i need to go closer to wifi, once it gets connected RX count of the interface is not incresing even though ping packtets are going out to lan ip's

So it could be a router issue, poorly positioned. 

It could be a laptop issue, wireless antennae.

It could be the building type, concrete walls.

Even interference from a neighbour, channel or frequency clash.

Underpowered network adapter.

So if you can resolve all of those we could perhaps try and fix any other issues. 

Which exact Linux are you using?  For Ubuntu you can try drivers from Debian if you are desperate.

Networking Flow Chart.png

0 Kudos
Teacher
Teacher
53 53 3 10
Message 5 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

wifi not working fine

Hi

I agree, it may not be the OS at fault since you seem to tried more than 1.

Ubuntu is Debian based, and CentOS is Red Hat I believe, so that gives more than a single chance of success.

0 Kudos
abhiambure Honor Student
Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 6 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

wifi not working fine

after installing all the linux flavours and windows os i came to know that this problem is with the linux os only and is because of just realtek adaptor drivers available in all linux os. i tried all the options available on ubuntu forum. i dont finf so that wifi not working is a problem of wifi router or its signal strength bcoz same routers at the same place works fine with windows.

0 Kudos
Teacher
Teacher
53 53 3 10
Message 7 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

wifi not working fine

Hi

after installing all the linux flavours and windows os i came to know that this problem is with the linux os only and is because of just realtek adaptor drivers available in all linux os. i tried all the options available on ubuntu forum. i dont finf so that wifi not working is a problem of wifi router or its signal strength bcoz same routers at the same place works fine with windows.

So you are saying that the Wi-Fi is fine because you can ping.  The fault lies with Linux somehow. 

I use Realtek with mine and because I do then "" bcoz same routers at the same place works fine with windows"" yours will be fine too. 

You haven't posted any signal strength screenshots to show the difference between Windows and Linux. 

You also say you want the correct driver, well download and install it then.  Oh you have ..  "" with all posible updates and versions""

EVIDENCE needed. 

Logical steps to prove / eliminate problems.

0 Kudos
rakegks Honor Student
Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 8 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

wifi not working fine

Hi

HP Team

The same problem with me, HP 15-ac122tu notebook cannot be connect or no stable network with Linux mint and ubuntu operating systems,

No support availabe for linux operating systems from hp live chat and support team!

the issue is with drivers for wifi rtl8723be

please do provide drivers or replace my laptop, since i am regular user of linux mint.

please suggest and fix my issues.

0 Kudos
Ivoney Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 9 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

wifi not working fine

Hii rakegks,

I am using HP 14 amd notebook come with realtek RTL8723BE PCIe Wireless,after installed Linux Mint 18 sarah, I also have same issue.

It fixed with rock.new_btcoex wifi drivers. you can read detail instruction how to install realtek rtl8723be linux drivers from the source : fix realtek RTL8723BE driver on Ubuntu or Linux Mint .

I hope this helps . Good luck!

0 Kudos
rakegks Honor Student
Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 10 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

wifi not working fine

hi lvoney

Thank you for the update!

when i not get any solutions from hp support, i contacted with linux mint team and they have solved this wifi driver issue.

with same steps as you provided. wifi is working fine now.

once again thank you for your concern!

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation