t-dawg97 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 1
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

wifi wont turn on pavilion g sreies

pavilion 6g

hi, i have a pavilion g series and the wifi wont turn on. i have updated to windows 8 some time ago (not sure which version) and i have not used the laptop in a while so im not sure if it hasnt been working since i updated to windows 8 (from windows 7)

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Provost Provost
Provost
44418 44154 3309 13856
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

With hundreds of different models in G series it is impossible to help you without full Model or Product Number.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00033108

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the Thumbs-Up button as a way to say Thanks!***

t-dawg97 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 1
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

hi, thank you! i got the model its G6 1B50 us. so i took out the battery to get the model number and when i put it back in and opened the computer up, the wifi went back on! i have no clue how that happened. i hope it wont give me anymore problems

Provost Provost
Provost
44418 44154 3309 13856
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Many times a hard reset will fix missing/not working hardware like the wireless card. That is essentially what you did by removing power cord and battery. Usually a third step is added by pressing power button for 15 seconds with both removed. Happy it solved it for you!

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the Thumbs-Up button as a way to say Thanks!***

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation