Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP15 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I just got a democracy bluetooth speaker, it works with my phone, tablet but not with my computer. I researched every content on several help websites and followed their instructions, nothing on my computer matches anything they tell me. Any help appreciated. I am not tech savvy and am so frustrated. This is a 2015 Notebook so I can not believe it could not have bluetooth. 

confused1953

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Unfortunately, your notebook does not have built in bluetooth, as the RTL 8188EE 802.11 b/g/n WiFi adapter is a single band, non-bluetooth wireless card.

The easiest thing to do to add bluetooth would be to purchase an external usb bluetooth adapter.  I use this one on my HP desktop PC.  It is very small and hardly sticks out from the usb port.

https://www.amazon.com/Kinivo-BTD-400-Bluetooth-4-0-USB/dp/B007Q45EF4

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

I would say that only 50% of HP consumer notebooks have built in bluetooth networking, so the chances of your notebook not having built in bluetooth networking is very good.  And even less have dual band wireless networking with bluetooth.

In order to let you know for sure if your notebook has built in bluetooth, please let me know what model wireless network adapter your notebook comes with.

The wireless and bluetooth radios are on the same circuit board for those wireless network adapters that are also bluetooth adapters.

If you do not know what model wireless network adapter your notebook has, go to the device manager, click to expand the Network Adapters device manager category, and there you will find the name and model number of the wireless network adapter.

HP Recommended

Network Adapters  Realtek PCle Fe Family controller

Realtek   RTL 8188EE 802.11 b/g/n WiFi adapter

This is what it shows, I do not even know what this means lol. Thank you for responding and I am looking forward to your conclusion and possible assistance.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Unfortunately, your notebook does not have built in bluetooth, as the RTL 8188EE 802.11 b/g/n WiFi adapter is a single band, non-bluetooth wireless card.

The easiest thing to do to add bluetooth would be to purchase an external usb bluetooth adapter.  I use this one on my HP desktop PC.  It is very small and hardly sticks out from the usb port.

https://www.amazon.com/Kinivo-BTD-400-Bluetooth-4-0-USB/dp/B007Q45EF4

HP Recommended

Thank you, I have ordered that one from Amazon and I guess all I do is plug it in and it will tell me how to get it started. If not I surely will respond with more questions.

Thanks you very much.

HP Recommended

Anytime.

Glad to have been of assistance.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.