Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Notebook 15-bw059sa
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Does this ship with one or two aerials for wireless connection? I want to upgrade the single band adapter to a dual band adapter, so need to know how easy it might be to add a second if only one was installed originally, and how to do so, please?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

Your notebook has one aerial attached to the card it comes with.

You can upgrade to this model wifi adapter without having to take the whole notebook apart including the display panel to run a second aerial.

Realtek RTL8821CE 802.11 ac 1x1 WiFi + Bluetooth 4.2 Combo Adapter (MU-MIMO supported) HP part # L17365-005.

You can find this model on eBay, or Ali Express,

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=L17365-005&_sacat=0&_sop=15

Ali Express...buy one with the HP part number on it.  915620-001 is OK too.

rtl8821ce - Buy rtl8821ce with free shipping on AliExpress

The card will have the same 72 MBPS throughput as the original wifi card on the 2.4 GHz wifi band, but on the 5.0 GHz wifi band, it will have a max throughput of 433 MBPS when you have an AC router with an excellent wifi signal strength.

Below is the link to the service manual, where you can find the wifi card removal and replacement procedure...

h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c05493256.pdf

HP Recommended

Many thanks will now try it out!

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

HP Recommended

I got a new card but wasn't sure if single aerial should connect to main or aux terminal. Can you confirm please?

HP Recommended

Hi:

The RTL8821CE card only has one terminal to connect to.

It seems to me like you bought the wrong card.

So for now, connect the antenna wire to the wifi card's Main terminal so you have wifi.

You will not have Bluetooth with dual band cards that have two antenna terminals.

Paul_Tikkanen_0-1616245165728.jpeg

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.