Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion g6-2305sl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi there, If possible, with which dual band wireless card may I replace the actual Ralink RT5390?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

This one should work for you...

Broadcom BCM943228HMB 802.11abgn 2×2 Wi-Fi Adapter, Broadcom Bluetooth 4.0 Adapter   HP part # 730668-001

You should be able to find the card on eBay or Ali Express.   

Search by the HP part number, not the model of the wifi card.

HP Recommended

Should I download and install the driver, before changing the card? Where can I find it?

HP Recommended

Hi:

Below are the links to the W10 wifi and bluetooth drivers you need for the Broadcom card.

Wifi:

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp78001-78500/sp78044.exe

BT:

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp75001-75500/sp75330.exe

Save them now, but don't run them until after you install the Broadcom card.

I believe that W10 will install a newer version of the wifi driver once you are connected to the internet.

Before installing the Broadcom card, uninstall the Ralink wifi and bluetooth adapters in the device manager, and also check the uninstall driver box.

if there is any Ralink bluetooth software in the Windows control panel>programs, uninstall that too.

Shut down, unplug the PC, remove the main battery and install the BCM card.

HP Recommended

I bought the card you told me. I followed your instructions, but I have a problem.

After the first card installation, I reboot the pc and wowwww all was ok and the card was working.

But when i rebooted again the pc, the card did not work anymore, and I had no wifi.

Now, while I am writing to you, I removed the card from the slot, then I put it again into the pc, and it works again....

HP Recommended

Unfortunately, I don't know why that would be happening with the card.

Hopefully, it will stay recognized.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.