Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
notebook 15-ac 102TU
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

My notebook works well except that the wireless on wifi is very slow , but when I connect to ethernet cable it speeds up. I get a difference of 2mbps wifi upload to 15mpbs on ethernet connection, I have already run the HP updates for Realtek wireless but same . Also reloaded it . Same. I have run the  speed on my iphone and its running much faster then 2 mobs, so think it might be my wireless card ? 

Can I upgrade or change the card? any ideas what I need and can i do it myself dismantling the computer?

thanks all

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@warning44

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

Clear history, remove temporary files, and reset settings in Internet Explorer.

1. In Windows, search for and open Manage browser add-ons.

2. In the Internet Properties window, select Manage add-ons.

The Internet Properties window with the Manage Add-ons button highlighted

3. On the Manage Add-ons window, select Toolbars and Extensions, and then select All add-ons from the Show drop-down menu.

The Manage Add-ons window with Show Toolbars and Extensions and All Add-ons highlighted

4. In the Manage Add-ons window, select add-ons that are enabled, and then click the Disable button in the lower right corner. Repeat this step for each add-on that is enabled.

5. Select Close to return to the Internet Properties home window.

6. Select the General tab, and then in the Browsing history area, click Delete.

The Internet Options general tab with the Delete button highlighted

7. On the Delete Browsing History window, select Preserve Favorites website data, Cookies and website data, Temporary Internet files and website files, and History, and then click Delete.

The Delete Browsing History window with the delete button highlighted

8. After the computer deletes the browsing history and returns to the Internet Properties windows, select the Security tab.

9. Select Reset all zones to default level, and then click Apply.

The Internet Properties window with Reset all zones to default level highlighted

10. Select the Content tab, and then select Clear SSL State.

The Internet Properties Content tab window with the Clear SSL state button highlighted

11. Select OK in the SSL cache confirmation message that displays.

SSL cache was successfully cleared OK button

12. Select the Advanced tab, and then click Reset.

The Internet Properties Advanced tab with window with the Reset button highlighted

13. On the reset Internet Explorer Settings window that opens, select Reset to confirm your changes.

The Reset Internet Explorer Settings window with the reset button highlighted

14. In the Reset Internet Explorer Settings window, click Close.

Selecting close in the reset Internet Explorer Settings window

15. Restart your computer, and then connect to the Internet and perform another speed test.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.