02-02-2011 01:27 PM
I have an old Pavilion laptop, zv5000, running XP.
At my previous place, I had wired internet and it worked fine. Now at my new place, I have only wireless, and when I try to connect to a wireless network in that box, I get "Windows cannot configure this wireless connection" and it can't even find any networks. If I go to Network Connections under Control Panel, there's a connection called "Broadcom 802.11b/g WLAN" -- is that my modem? -- that says Not Connected (obviously), but under Properties it says the device is working properly.
I was told it may be because I need to install some sort of (newer?) drivers for the modem, is that right? Any suggestions on what to install?
- HP PCs - Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 10)
- HP PCs - Troubleshooting Your Wireless Network and Internet Connection (Windows 7)
- HP PCs - Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 8)
- HP PCs - Using Bluetooth Devices (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - Slow Internet Troubleshooting (Windows 10, 8)