cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
esin1 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

1 quick 303 error

pavilion dm4
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My laptop is showing 1 quick 303 error.It seems that it is harddisk failure.I will replace it with new one and I have to reinstall windows but could you provide windows operating system to me for free?  What procedure should I follow to get it ?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Provost Provost
Provost
18,552 16,511 1,536 3,670
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

1 quick 303 error

esin1

Sorry for the bad news but unless (1) this PC came with Win10 preinstalled from HP, and (2) this PC is still under the original HP warranty, HP is not going to provide anything to you for free.

If the hard disk fails after the one year warranty is over, you have to replace it yourself or pay someone to replace it.

And then, you have to obtain HP Recovery Media to restore your PC to its original condition -- and that is not free, you have to pay to order it.

========================================================================
I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor do I represent, HP.
---------------------------------------------------------------
If my posts helped you, please click the Thumbs-Up symbol on my post to say thanks.
If my posts solved your problem please click "Accept As Solution".
========================================================================

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
esin1 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

1 quick 303 error

Thanks for the reply..
it came with Win7 preinstalled from HP but no it isn't under the original HP warranty anymore.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation