Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Sixmunde Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

104-unsupported wireless network device detected. system halted. remove device and restart.

BIOS update

Hello, after I updated the BIOS to version F.02 (sp50015.exe), I got this dreadful message. The system boots only with the wifi card removed. The card is a Broadcom BCM943224HMS . It came pre-installed and worked fine before the BIOS update. The drivers for this card are not listed in the drivers page on the HP website. I am extremely frustrated since this was a factory installed component. For the record there is no previous BIOS version on the website in order to downgrade. I am extremely frustrated. Please help.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Provost Provost
Provost
104009 94561 14553 22362
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

104-unsupported wireless network device detected. system halted. remove device and restart.

Hi:

The only thing I can think of for you to try is a hard reset. If that doesn't work, I recommend you report the issue to HP technical support.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&objectID=c01684768&prodT...

I did a search for the previous bios file download (sp49349).

Not to be found. 

Paul

0 Kudos
alben2373 Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

hello, i have the same problem too. i just did this update yesterday and now ''104....'' is up. Anyone managed to find a solution yet to this problem?

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation