Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Level 1
8 7 0 0
Message 1 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended

11-r014wm

hp stream
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

i need help i was intalling windows 10 on my computer and i turned it off not knowing if it would do anything and now when i turn it on it shuts off after 10-20 seconds by itself.

0 Kudos
14 REPLIES 14
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
3,798 3,735 201 435
Message 2 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended

11-r014wm

Hi there @Xav2,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums! It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. I understand you are having an issue with the upgrade to Windows 10. I will be glad to help you.

Please post the full product number of your computer. See the following, if you need help with that information.
How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?

Here are some documents to help.

Upgrading to Windows 10

Common Solutions for Windows 10

Get help with Windows 10 upgrade and installation errors

Please keep me informed of how things went. 

If you require further assistance, let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help you.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution".
To simply say thanks, click the Thumbs up below! Smiley Happy

Thanks.

Tardis40
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
8 7 0 0
Message 3 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended

11-r014wm

I dont know if you understand my situation when i turn my computer on it stays on for about 10-30 seconds and it shuts off an then does the same thin again by itself.

The product number is T6C49UA#ABA

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
3,798 3,735 201 435
Message 4 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended

11-r014wm

Hi @Xav2,

Thanks for getting back to me.

Here are some document to help.

Computer Does Not Start (Windows 10)

The Computer Restarts Unexpectedly (Windows 10, 😎

If you require further assistance, let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help you.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution".
To simply say thanks, click the Thumbs up below! :generic:

Thanks.

Tardis40
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Highlighted
Level 1
8 7 0 0
Message 5 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended

11-r014wm

thank you for the support but now i go to the start up menu and then i clicke the reset button and waited it got to 54% and then after about ten minutes it says that it could not be reset

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 15
9,487 9,432 1,670 4,700
Message 6 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended

11-r014wm

Please see "Recovery when Windows 10 does not start correctly" at the bottom of HP PCs - Performing an HP System Recovery (Windows 10) for assistance with your issue.

If this doesn't work, please use the HP Recovery Media you created when you first setup your computer. The HP Recovery Media will return your computer to a factory like state.

If you didn't create this media, please contact HP Customer Support to see if HP Recovery Media is available.

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Please click the white KUDOS star to show your appreciation

Frank

***** Please click the "White Kudos" Thumbs Up to say THANKS for helping *****
***** Please click the "Accept As Solution" on my post, if my help solved your issue *****
***** This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I don't work for HP *****

HP a1632x - Windows 7, 4GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6130y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6320y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
HP p7-1026 - Windows 7, 6GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6787c - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
HP ENVY x360 m6-w103dx - Windows 10, 8GB RAM, Intel HD 520
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
3,798 3,735 201 435
Message 7 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended

11-r014wm

Hi @Xav2,

Here are some more documents to help.

Where Do I Find Windows 10 Drivers and Software for My Model?

Hope this helps.  Please get back to me.

Tardis40
I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
8 7 0 0
Message 8 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended

11-r014wm

sorry but its not working, but look ill tell you what has happened from the start. 

so i was using my computer and i had too much space taken up so i decided to reset the computer so now you know this part just waiting for the computer. so then it said it was instlling windows ten and while it was installing i turned it off not knowing if it would cause some damage and then when i turned it on it would say that there was an error installing windows so then i restarted and nothing happened so then about a week later i turned it on and then it restarted by itself every 20 seconds or so. so now it would not let me do anything. 

Please help

Thank you

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
3,798 3,735 201 435
Message 9 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended

11-r014wm

Hi Xav2,

I do understand you computer starting and then restarting.

Did you follow the step in the documents I sent.

if this does not solve your issue, please use the following http://www.hp.com/contacthp and create a case for your issue and contact HP. If you live outside the US/Canada, please click the link below to get the contact information for your region.

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html

Tardis40
I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
3,798 3,735 201 435
Message 10 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended

11-r014wm

Hi @madmackem,

Here are some documents for the computer not starting.

Upgrading to Windows 10

Error Messages Display on a Black Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)

Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)

The Computer Restarts Unexpectedly (Windows 10, 😎

To simply say thanks, click the Thumbs up below! :generic:

Thanks.

Tardis40
I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation