Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 13-u101nt
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I want to upgrade my pavilion 13-u101nt x360 notebook hdd from 500gb sshd to M.2 ssd but do not know has it M.2 socket and interface B, M or B+M and is it support PCIe NVMe technology M.2 device (e.g. samsung M.2 960 evo)?

Anyone can help please?

Product Specs.

HP Pavilion x360 13-u101nt

P/N: X9Y56E#AB8

RMN: TPN-W118

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi,

There are 3 options for the whole series

(a) M.2 SATA with option SATA HDD (dual storage),

(b) M.2 SATA (single storage),

(c) Single HDD/SSHD configurations.

Most likely machines with Single HDD/SSHD configurations won't have M.2 slots.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

So, I wil not swap SSHD with M.2 SSD then, is it true for my new HP with i5-7200U ?

HP Recommended

1- As I understand I can only replace this sshd with 2.5" ssd with sata III interface?

2- How can I find service manual for this model?

(I'm a senior technical service guy in a famous brand).

Thank you all for your help.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Please try

https://support.hp.com/za-en/product/hp-pavilion-13-u100-x360-convertible-pc/12589419/manuals

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Sorry but I still don't understand which interface storage should I buy before removing the cover, I want to use M.2 because of it's performance and speed but if I don't have option for M.2, I'll buy 2.5" SSD SATA III.

service manual only shows hdd/sshd installation, how can I be sure?

Thanks

HP Recommended

Hi,

I decided to open the u101nt to find which interface its use and you are right, it has only 2.5" SSD connection so i can just upgrade to Sata III SSD.
Thank you.

hp x360 13-u101nt hdd interface.JPGhp x360 13-u101nt small.jpg

Spoiler

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.