Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

14-b109 If I upgrade my Celeron or upgrade my wireless card will it boost my internet speed

HP Recommended

Product Name: 14-b109wm

Processor: Intel Celeron Processor B877

Wireless card: 10/100BASE-T Ethernet LAN (RJ-45 connector)

Wireless conectivity: 1x1 802.11b/g/n WLAN

Memory: 4GB DDR3 SDRAM (1 DIMM)

Hi guys,

I recently upgraded to 50 Mbps Download (and 10 Mbps upload) home wireless internet. However, my computer does not get more then 15 mbps unless I am in the same room as the router and modem (and my house isn't even big) where it gets ussually about 30-40 Mbps while my brother can get almost 50 Mbps without being even close to the router. I even get better speedtest.com results from my ipod than I do from my iPhone! I therefor am wondering whether I should upgrade my Laptop to an i3 proccesor or if I should just upgrade my wireless card because it is super irritating how slow my internet is.

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
5,476 6,075 339 867
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi cheeky1000,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I saw your post regarding the problems with the wifi speed. There are a number of different factors that effect the speed. It could very well be that your brother has a better wireless card. The one that you posted isn't a wireless card, it is your Ethernet card. Check your Device Manager under Network Adapters and let me know what you have listed there. As for the processor you can't upgrade it in this model as it is part of the system board or motherboard for the notebook.

Thank you,

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Thank you,

BHK6

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
Tags (1)
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation