Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Apangie Top Student
Top Student
6 4 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

15-FO14WM requiring administrator password

My laptop is requiring an admin password. Won't start windows. I don't know this password & none of the googled instructions or HP support steps work. Now get a disable code after 3 attempts. Someone else gave me a number to try today but that didn't work either! 

Please help!

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Provost Provost
Provost
103177 93729 14392 22114
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

The person that gave you the unlock passcode for the code you got, didn't realize the code generator only works on all numerical halt codes on that model series.

The code the PC generated is a hexidecimal code, and the only way I know of that might clear it would be to remove the main and RTC batteries.

And if that doesn't work, I have no idea what you are going to do, since you already contacted HP for assistance and they want to charge you.

Unfortunately, removing the RTC battery is going to require extensive disassembly of the notebook.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-15-Notebook-PC-series/7137590/model/7280689/manuals

If you want to take a shot at it, consult the Maintenance and Service Guide from your notebook's support page above for the procedure to remove the RTC battery.

0 Kudos
Apangie Top Student
Top Student
6 4 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Well can't say I'm happy to hear that but thank you for the suggestion. I'm probably going to give it a try. It's useless to me otherwise 

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
103177 93729 14392 22114
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Please let us know if that worked for you.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation