Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Want to install windows 7 on my 15-ay195nr  it won't boot from  the dvd or usb, i changed the bios to boot everything before hard drive operating system, the boot dvd and usb work fine on my windows 7 laptop, the dvd on the 15-ay195nr works finew in windows 10, HELP! I hate windows 10! Also no drivers for the 15-ay195nr on HP website, any available?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

The good news is you have the latest 7th generation processor, Intel Kaby Lake. The bad news is there is not any support for Windows 7 on a Kaby Lake. 

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/windows-7-wont-work-intels-current-next-gen-cpus/

HP Recommended

Sounded like it came directly from microsoft, didn't impress me at all, we have tasks to perform and windows 10 gets in the way, thanks for the link but very disappointed.  I still want windows 7 on the machine to get some use out of it.  They might be right, it might be the last windows ever, from lack of sales.

HP Recommended

Hi:

You need to use this tool to put the USB3 drivers into your W7 installation flash drive.

There is a readme file on the link for how to use the tool.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25476/Windows-7-USB-3-0-Creator-Utility

Everything will work except the Intel HD graphics driver.

You can see if you can modify the W10 driver to install the graphics driver...

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp78001-78500/sp78204.exe

- during install it will ask if you want to upack the files to a folder (the second option), do this and then it will say that "your system does not meet the minimum requirements" - click ok

Browse to the C:\swsetup\sp78204\Graphics folder and open the 118592 setup information file with notepad, and edit the below section:

[Manufacturer]

%Intel%   = IntelGfx, NTamd64.10.0, NTamd64.10.0...14310

;=====================================================================
; Windows 7 Install - DT Only
;=====================================================================
[IntelGfx.NTamd64.6.1]
;SKL HW
%iSKLULTGT2% = iSKLD_w7, PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_5916&SUBSYS_8231103C

Get the hardware IDs from device manager if yours don't match above and change everything after the _w7,  -- do not include the &REV_xx section

Save the file and then see if the installer will now install the driver.

HP Recommended

Thanks will try it

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Make your set of recovery media first before attempting to install W7 in case you want to revert to W10.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.