Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
scarymar Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

17" HP Envy Coming apart at the left near screen hinge

HP Envy 17t
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I like many others have the whole case cracking issue on my Envy - yes it is out of warranty but I special ordered and spent a bundle so that I could get 5 years out of it not 2.  I tried to extend the warranty but that was a complete CLUSTER and never happened - I have lost my job and cannot afford a new computer and use it for my part time job.  This is a home computer and moves from my home office to my living room - rarely ever leaves the house and is in pristene condition.  Trouble with the answers in this forum is that they are all PM's, except for the ones who have described how to take the machine apart which I can't really risk doing on my own.  Like Dell, HP quality has gone down the toilet!!

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
17440 12854 243 971
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

17" HP Envy Coming apart at the left near screen hinge

@scarymar

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation