Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Probook 640 g2
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Has anyone tried to run 2 internal hard drives on the HPProbook 640 g2? No, I'm not talking about the CD tray HDD caddy. I mean internally inside. in the SSD pocket there are 2 HDD ports. one is a horizontally oriented mSATA the other is a virtical SATA 3 at a higher altitude off the backplane.  I have set one up with one mSATA and one SATA 3 drive, less the 7mm housing frame. I can get the BIOS to recognize both drives and test both drives correctly. The only issue seems to be physical size and space dimensions do not allow for me to place the SATA 3 dive in some sort of secure mount. Therefore is sticks out at an odd angle making it precarious at best. Is there a kit or specific mounting or specific drive type that is supposed to be used? Or is this just not anything anyone thought of doing? I do like to have 2 different drives for dual boot. one a secure encrypted drive and the other a sandbox and test environment.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.