cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
line29
Level 3
51 47 0 5
Message 1 of 19
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

4 HP Envy Questions

HP Envy 15 x 360 PC 64 bit
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

Thank you for holding this HP Expert day. We appreciate it.

We have two HP Envy 15 x 360 PC 64-bit laptops running Windows 10. Hopefully you can help us with these 4 questions:

1 - Power/Shut down closes down the computers in that their screens go dark, and all software, apps, etc. are closed. However, the computers are not totally shut down! Their ON buttons are still lit and their fans are still on. To completely shut down each computer and therefore not run the battery down, we have to press and hold the ON button for about 10 – 15 seconds, similar to when a computer crashes and you have to do a forced shutdown.

Is HP aware of this issue and, if so, is a fix pending?

2 - On both computers we find an “Unknown device” under “Other devices” in Device Manager. We Uninstall it, but eventually it returns. Under Properties:

General tab: “The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28) To find a driver for this device, click Update Driver.” However, it fails to find a driver.

Details tab: Has different “Value” entries, depending on the “Property” selected.

Sample posting to the Events tab/Information section: “Driver Management concluded the process to install driver nettap60.inf_amd64_bec9f85489d74657\nettap60.inf for Device Instance ID ROOT\NET\0000 with the following status: 0x0.”

Any idea what this unknown driver is?

3 - Cursor often moves haphazardly when typing in Word or Excel or even when creating an email. Examples: App might close without warning.

When making an entry to a given Excel cell, cursor will suddenly jump to another cell.

When typing a paragraph in Word, cursor will jump to another spot on the docx.

So, must always look at the screen when entering text and data to make sure entry point hasn’t suddenly changed.

We assume HP Support Assistant / Settings /”Install important and recommended updates automatically when possible” and associated HP updates and messages scheduler is keeping drivers set current?

Is there perhaps a more current keyboard driver? We have “Standard PS/2 Keyboard driver version 10.0.10240.16384 dated 6/21/06. “Update Driver” indicates this is the most current driver.

4 - Now that we have Windows 10, why do we need to retain the Pokki Start Menu and Pokki Host App Service? Are these programs redundant?

Thank you very much for your help!

18 REPLIES 18
Level 2 AbitGeeky
Level 2
16 16 1 3
Message 2 of 19
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

4 HP Envy Questions

Hello,

I will try to to help you on your first question: Unit not shutting down. Would help if I had the exact product number of the unit, so please post it. I will assume that you have Intel processor so here it is 🙂

Download and install Intel MEI driver version 9. Here is the link for installation:
http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp66001-66500/sp66228.exe

Click on the link, choose save once prompted and run the driver after. Reboot the system and test if unit is shutting down.

I work on behalf of HP
line29
Level 3
51 47 0 5
Message 3 of 19
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

4 HP Envy Questions

Thank you Abit.

Product number: G6T84UA#ABA

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 2 AbitGeeky
Level 2
16 16 1 3
Message 4 of 19
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

4 HP Envy Questions

Assumed correct :), just install MEI driver, i think would solve the issue

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
line29
Level 3
51 47 0 5
Message 5 of 19
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

4 HP Envy Questions

Hi Abit

I am in the process of installing the driver as per your suggestion.  Just got a message however telling me that my computer currently contains driver versions newer than the version I am about to install.  Should I continue?

Intel MEI driver 11.0.0.1146.  Driver dated 6/12/15.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Level 2 AbitGeeky
Level 2
16 16 1 3
Message 6 of 19
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

4 HP Envy Questions

Yes please proceed. IF no success i will provide you more instructions on how to get to have v9

I work on behalf of HP
Level 2 RajeshR6052
Level 2
18 18 0 5
Message 7 of 19
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

4 HP Envy Questions

Hi, 

Please provide the graphics card details like hardware ID and the driver version and the date, please provide the hardware id of the missing devices as well,

Select the device (which shows !) -> Right click -> Properties -> Details ->Select Hardware id from the drop down list (under Property)->let me know the device id!

I am a HP employee
0 Kudos
line29
Level 3
51 47 0 5
Message 8 of 19
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

4 HP Envy Questions

Thank you Rajesh.

The hardware Id Value is

root\NetTap6

0 Kudos
Level 2 RajeshR6052
Level 2
18 18 0 5
Message 9 of 19
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

4 HP Envy Questions

Please provide the graphics card details as well 

I am a HP employee
0 Kudos
line29
Level 3
51 47 0 5
Message 10 of 19
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

4 HP Envy Questions

Hi Rajesh,

The Driver Version and Driver Date are both "Not available" for this unknown driver

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation