Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Tebb Top Student
Top Student
6 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post
HP Recommended

4530s what wifi bluetooth adapter upgrade to use in windows 7 Pro 64 bit

Probook 4530s i5
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I have 3 Probook 4530s Laptops. They have i5 CPUs USB 2.0 and 3.0 ports along with bluetooth 3.0 and HD display. The WiFi adapter speed  is 150mb on 2.4 gz band. At this time they all have 4g RAM and 1Tb hhd installed. I like the units as all of them were built in May and June, 2012. What I need to do is increase the internet connection speed plus add the 5.8 band to the 2.4 band. I would not like to have anything sticking out of the side of the computer that needed to be removed that might get lost. Can I replace the internal WiFi + Bluetooth 3.0 adapter to pickup the speed and both bands? If so, can anyone tell me what adapter I need to me looking for and what driver. I do not want to loose the bluetooth in all of this as I know the kids will want to use it.

This whole building project I guess is my way of telling them that I'm with them if they need any help. Our time means more to them then money these days. Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated. Respectfully.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation