Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Hp G71 laptop
Microsoft Windows Vista (64-bit)
What is the difference between 578701 and 578703-001 motherboards?
6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@ncad1

Welcome to HP Forums, 

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips, 

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂 

As I understand you want to know the difference between 578701-001 and 578703-001 motherboards,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

Since these part numbers are universal,  did you check their validity online using the local retailers?

If you haven't, no worries, Please go through the below information:

HP 578703-001 System board (motherboard) - With GL40 chipset and HDMI support among others.

Whereas the HP 578701-001 System board (motherboard) - comes with a gm45 chipset graphics, 1 x SATA plug, 1 x USB port, 1 x HDMI, 1 x card reader.

Keep me posted for further assistance 😉

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Hi Riddle_Decipher,
I needed a replacement board for a G71-340us Laptop which had a 578701-001 and I was sent a 578703-001. That's why I'm concerned, where do I go from here.
Thanks,
ncad1
HP Recommended

@ncad1

Thank you for responding,

Where did you get the replacement parts from?

I recommend you Contact them and they should be able to help you get the right product for another replacement.

The reason they may have sent a different part is in case the part is unavailable or one of the boards are obsolete, now.

Keep me posted for further assistance 😉

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well, 

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Hi Riddle_Decipher,
I got it through Amazon where it isn't available through HP any more. I'll get in touch with the vendor who sold it to me and see what happens. I'll let you know how I make out.
Thanks
ncad1
HP Recommended

@ncad1

Thank you for replying,

Please take your time and get back to me with the results,

I'll be awaiting your response and would be glad to help.

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Hi Riddle_Decipher,
I got in touch with the vendor whom I purchased the motherboard from, and he told me he didn't realize it made a difference, so he told me to send it back and he would try to find one that is spec out for a G71-340Us. Thanks,
ncad1
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.