Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 15-AB269SA
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hi

The motherboard on my daughters Laptop has failed already. I only bought it last Oct 16. Unfortunately the model she chose was very difficult to get hold of quickly. Shes in her 3rd year at Uni and her good old Sony Vaio failed after many years just as she was starting the year. 

She picked this model because of its looks and spec which she liked more than any other Laptop. Because it was difficult to get for the next day delivery and the urgency needed, I had to buy a refurbished one which she was happy with being a student saving her money.

Now shes totally dissapointed that the motherboard has failed her so quickly. Its out of warranty as they only offered 3 months and has cost her £60 just to get it looked at. 

She absolutely loved her white new laptop and with another year to go of study desperately wants to get it fixed.

Problem is the motherboard has no label with part number on and the details are not on HP website which leaves me in no mans land trying to find a replacment motherboard.

Can anyone help at all, its disappointing from HP after all its still one of their laptops.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello @David4917,

Sorry to know !!

Below is the Manual for your PC :

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04642845            READ : System board PAGE- 62

Downloaded from : https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-pavilion-15-ab200-notebook-pc-series/8499306/model/9044375/m...

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again !!

**Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**

Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Thank You,

GBL84

I am not an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

Great info thank you. Only problem is I don't know which processor model of i3 it is. I ve looked at many motherboards on ebay and the one that looks like mine is the 836098-001.

Is there a way identifying which model of the i3 is fitted does anyone know

HP Recommended

Hello @David4917,

Thank you for your reply !!

As per the specs of your PC, It has

Microprocessor
Intel® Core™ i3-5157U with Intel® Iris™ Graphics 6100 (2.5 GHz, 3 MB cache, 2 cores)

Specs : https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04841630

So i3-5157 Means its the 5th gen Processor.  The first digit in the four-number sequence indicates the generation of processor.

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again !!

**Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**

Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Thank You,

GBL84

I am not an HP Employee 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.