cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
PeterB_SLO Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

625 black screen

Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi!

I recently had an problem with laptop HP 625 blank/black/no screen. As I've followed the HP instructions, I've discovered that 5 times blinking caps lock means only one thing: MOTHERBOARD REPLACEMENT. 

So I needed to order another 611803-001 motherboard. That was successfully replaced yesterday. Now the laptop starts and the fan is working normally (before it didn't).  I receive no caps lock blinking anymore. But still get no screen. 

Because I thought there was probably some bad contact with the screen, I've decided to plug in the VGA cable, to see if screen will be allright there. "No signal", no success. Reseting CMOS and following the bios hard reset procedure (AC adapter, battery, peripherral devices, etc.  OUT, hold power button for ~15 seconds, AC, bat. back and power ON.) but without success.

What did I forgot? What could go wrong? 

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Retired
Retired
2,882 2,654 144 330
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

625 black screen

Hi @PeterB_SLO,

Welcome to the HP Forums! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

Thank you for posting. I have read your post, and I understand that you have replaced the motherboard of your laptop, but it starts with no screen display, and external monitor did not work either. I want to assist you in this issue.

What is the product number of your laptop?

Can you run the memory and hard driver diagnostic tests?

On the link below, go to Symptom: LEDs glow, and fan noise is heard, but display is black or blank, then go to perform ememory and hard drive diagnostic tests. 

HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does not Start (Windows 7, Vista, XP)

Let me know if the tests went through.

To say Thank You, click on Thumb Up. Mark Accept as Solution on the post if your problem is solved, so other people can see it.

Have a good day!

SDJL
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ”on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
PeterB_SLO Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

625 black screen

Hi. Thank you for your help. 

I have followed the instructions you gave. No success. Tried all possibilities that the section mentioned. 

The product number is WT103EA#BED . 

0 Kudos
Alex_A Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

625 black screen

Hi,

I have the same problem , black screen ,blincking led lights etc. Led lights blincks five times . My product number is XX874ES#AKS

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation