cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Robbie9
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

639387-001

HP Recommended
probook 4740s
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am trying to download the cloud recovery cd for a probook 4740s.  I have chosen Operating system plus drivers.

The download starts just fine and finally reahes 100% of download, whereupon the download status goes back to 97%, downloads to 100%, goes back to 97%.  It never finishes!

I've tried downloading  from both US and Europe servers with the same results.

I have disabled AV as well as firewall.

What should I  be doing?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
WAWood
Level 16
Level 16
30,494 30,401 2,777 6,712
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Robbie9

Hello;

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!

I see you're running Win10, so if you're also using the default Win10 browser, Edge, that might be the problem.

This is a KNOWN problem with folks using the default Win10 Browser -- EDGE!

So much so, that this Microsoft thread discusses options for dealing with this issue: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-msedge/unable-to-download-exe-file...

This is one of the reasons I abandoned Edge on all my Win10 PCs and switched over to using Internet Explorer a long time ago.

IF the switch to IE works for you, then consider making it the default instead of Edge by following these instructions: http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/6310-how-reset-ie-default-browser-instead-edge.html

Good Luck

***If my post helped, click the thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
Robbie9
Author
3 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Unfortunately your answer doesn't help as HP provides an app to download from the cloud, it doesn't use a browser.

I appreciate your taking time out to reply.

Regards Rob.

PS I have found that disabling third party AV software and disabling the firewall often resolves download problems.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation