cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
mynameidandyt Top Student
Top Student
2 1 1 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

6735s Sound stutter, high DPC latency

6735s 8 months old.

About a month ago I started to notice audio stutter on video download sites such as youtube. The problem tends to appear after about an hour of using the computer / browsing. Recently though it has started to affect mpg and mp3 files played locally from my hard drive. The problem is much worse when a download is in progress (that's any download, not just media files). I ran a DPC Latency Checker that I found on the web and I've found that when I am browsing or downloading files DPC latency goes through the roof.

About a week before I first noticed this problem I updated the graphics drivers from ATI (Catalyst v9.8 and then recently v9.10), so I suspect that this has something to do with it.

I have tried disabling WIFI / network adapters, bluetooth, USB, CDROM drive, Uninstalling ATI drivers, audio drivers, firewall, antivirus, killing all unecessary processes in task manager etc etc. Only a reboot will solve the problem (for an hour or so before it returns)

Anyone else have this problem? It's driving me nuts having to reboot my machine every hour.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
mynameidandyt Top Student
Top Student
2 1 1 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

6735s Sound stutter, high DPC latency

Update: The culprit turned out to be ZoneAlarm firewall. I'd heard of people having problems with COMODO firewall, so I tried uninstalling ZoneAlarm and all is well again. Note it had to be a complete uninstall, just disabling or switching off ZoneAlarm was not enough.

Cheers.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation