Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Lee01MN Tutor
Tutor
10 0 1
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

8200 - 512 Error

8200 Elite SSF
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Has anyone else run across this problem? I have a few units that are giving me a 512 rear fan error. I have looked up multiple solutions provided by the HP manual and still I am having trouble with this. I have tried replacing the PSU, CPU Fan and the front panel assembly with other good working hardware with no luck. Any tips are greatly appreciated. Thanks.

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES
Regents Professor
Regents Professor
4162 560 1239
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

8200 - 512 Error

Dear Customer,

Please go through the below doument:

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c03063833

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c02980819

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again

**Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**

Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Thank You,

GBL84

I am not an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Lee01MN Tutor
Tutor
10 0 1
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

8200 - 512 Error

I've tried all of those options and it's not working. I am still getting hte 512-error. Any other suggestions?

Regents Professor
Regents Professor
4162 560 1239
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

8200 - 512 Error

Dear Customer,

Have you tried this as posted previosly:

Solution

Although the HP Compaq 8200 or 8300 Elite Small Form Factor computer has no rear chassis fan installed, this error message might arise if the front panel cable assembly was damaged after a system repair attempt.

In a HP Compaq 8200 or 8300 Elite Small Form Factor computer, Pin10 on the front panel cable connector is used to tell the system BIOS, that the chassis is a Desktop model, not a Microtower model. This is necessary because the system board is also used in the HP Compaq 8200 or 8300 Elite Microtower computer, which has a rear chassis fan installed. Pin10 is not connected there.

If the cable on Pin10 of the connector in a HP Compaq 8200 or 8300 Elite Small Form Factor computer was damaged accidently and therefore has no connection to the system board, the BIOS assumes that it is a Microtower model and therefore checks for a rear chassis fan.

You need a new front panel cable assembly to fix the issue.

Spare part # 636926-001 (Front I/O cable assembly - With power on/off switch).

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again

**Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**

Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Thank You,

GBL84

I am not an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Lee01MN Tutor
Tutor
10 0 1
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

8200 - 512 Error

I've replaced the front panel assembly already but I will give it another shot. Thanks.

0 Kudos
ftemes Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

8200 - 512 Error

Many thanks

I have replaced the cable assembly and the problem is solved

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation