Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP 840 G3
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi

Status: I have 400+ HP EliteBook 840 G3 Laptops to prepare for mass deployment 

Info: Current system BIOS Version is N75 Ver. 01.05

Scenario: I need to enter the BIOS to enable Password set up, enable TPM, input Ownership Tag, input Asset tracking number.

Problem: Everytime I perform the above tasks e.g set up password, it beeps at me, when I confirm password it beeps at me, When I save changes it beeps at me, when I enter the input fields for asset tracking Number and Ownership Tags IT BEEPS AT ME!!! Even saving new changes in BIOS it beeps at me .The previous line of ellitebooks 840 G2/G1 never use to do this. I find its the same the new Elite 800 G2 Towers.

Question: Is there a way to Disable this sound without disabling the Error code beeps? or disabling this beep completely 

As you can imagine my desktop workstation is right next to the Operations and Project managment team 

So before having to relocate my Build desk can we disable this annoying sound?

thanks 

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Argh!  The beeping!  Will someone make it stop!

Only just got some of these laptops and I've already spent far too much time trying to find out what will turn off that awful noise.

Also, why is it at full volume?  I'm sure someone at HP thought that this was the best way to discourage anyone changing any BIOS setting ever.

HP Recommended

With BIOS version “N75 Ver 01.24” I was able to disable the sound. It's in “Advanced”, then “Boot Options”, and then “Audio Alarm during Boot”.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.