cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Mxd
4 3 0 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

8510w Brightness/Backlight problems (possibly started after NVidia 570fx driver update)

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if there are more people who have experienced any trouble with their screen brightness since the latest NVidia driver update (on the 1st of february), with windows automatic updates.

My HP 8510w workstation notebook suddenly has a very dimmed screen, and I have trouble fixing it.

I was wondering how common this problem is, and what I should do about it.

Should I try to reinstall the (old) NVidia drivers for my graph card? Or is my problem not related to that at all (does anyone else experience the same thing)?

Tny in advance, Mxd

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
Mxd
4 3 0 0
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

8510w Brightness/Backlight problems (possibly started after NVidia 570fx driver update)

well I fixed it already.

I did a driver-rollback for my GPU, and everything workes fine now 🙂

why the hell was this driver update released? 😛

0 Kudos
Pemoc
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Looks like I just had exactly the same problem! :HalfEyes: Will try your solution now. Thanks! :OpenSmile:
0 Kudos
yutgoyun
1 1 0 0
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The new update enables the CUDA functions of the video card.  Certain programs can now use the GPU to do CPU computations.

Anybody have a solution that doesn't require a rollback?  It's annoying to have to choose between a bit more processing power and screen brightness!

0 Kudos
champi
4 3 0 0
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

had the same issue. rolled back.

then my dual screen display stopped working.

oooof.

0 Kudos
samuel888
Level 1
9 6 0 0
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have tried new driver 197.16, which is not recommended by HP yet, and it looks like OK.

Laptop SPEC: 8510w/4GB RAM/Win 7 Pro x64 + Envy 15 - 1107tx /8 GB RAM/Win 7 Pro x64
0 Kudos
Tags (1)
videobruce
Level 3
50 41 1 0
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

One reason I turn auto updates OFF!!

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation