cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
haed
Level 2
29 17 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

8560w problems on power on

HP Recommended
EliteBook 8560W
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Good morning,
I have a problem with my 8560w.
I turn it on, after 1 second goes out, then it comes back on itself and starts the operating system.
The light on the power button is always off.
If I remove the power supply and the battery is completely discharged, at power on i have a bios problem message.
I replaced the bios battery but i have same error.
To not have the bios error at power on, I need the battery charged and have to pull out the bios battery.
Can someone explain the reason for this malfunction, and how can I fix it?
Thank you.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Thomas_R
Level 2
Level 2
27 27 1 4
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have not specifically had this issue, however i recommend updating to the latest bios version and see if the issue persists.

http://h20566.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=5071172&swItemId=ob_167585_1&swEnvOid=405...

I am an HP employee

***If my post helped, click the purple thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***
0 Kudos
haed
Author
Level 2
29 17 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Thomas_R wrote:

I have not specifically had this issue, however i recommend updating to the latest bios version and see if the issue persists.

http://h20566.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=5071172&swItemId=ob_167585_1&swEnvOid=405...

I have updated the bios long time ago but the problem remained.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation