Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 15 e055se
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

a little bit of background first. i no longer have a battery for my laptop. i can only use it when the adapter is plugged into it.

yesterday i tried turning it on, but it doesnt. this morning i tried turning it on again and it turned on, for a few seconds then it died. after a few frustrating tries, i noticed that the AC adapter light would blink on and off, like it wasnt supplying power to my laptop. and because my laptop no longer has a battery, it dies. i tried to plug the adapter to another socket because i thought it was a grounded socket issue, but the same thing happens.

a friend of mine suggested that it may be the radeon video card that i had got somehow fried or overheated or something, so we tried uninstalling it(yes, there was a time it stayed on long enough for me to log in and uninstall my video card). sometimes it would take 5 seconds for the AC adapter light to blink and die, sometimes it takes 5 minutes or so.

after uninstalling my video card, the same thing still happens. when i turn it on, sometimes it only takes a couple of seconds before it dies. sometimes, even if i dont turn it on, the AC adapter light would go on and off, like there was something disrupting the flow of electricity from my socket to my AC adapter to my laptop that causes the light to blink on and off very fast.

could it be a power supply issue?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi @Alain17,

Thanks for becoming a member of the HP Support Forums. I understand you are having an issue with the power. I will be glad to help you.

Yes, it is the power supply. Please refer to the following documents.

HP Notebook PC AC Power Cord Safety Recall and Replacement Program Announced August 26, 2014

Using and Testing the AC Power Adapter

The power adapter can be ordered from HP Part Surfer part # 710414-001.

Hp does not have the battery available anymore, but the are compatible batteries on the web if you search for part 710417-001.

Please keep me informed of how things went. 

If you require further assistance, let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help you.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution".
To simply say thanks, click the Thumbs up below! 🙂

Thanks.

Tardis40
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

thank you so much for your reply. so an update:

yesterday and today i've been able to use my laptop without any problems. yesterday i used it for about 14 hrs straight. today i've used it for about 2 hrs and counting.

what i'm afraid of is that the symptom could return and there might no going back if it happens again. or that something worse will happen. how do i prevent it from happening again?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.