cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
fyreman235 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post
HP Recommended

AC adaptor not working

Laptop stopped charging so I took it to a service center where they are ordering me a new adaptor.  They tested it with one that they had in the shop, and although it charged, the plug was still loose in the jack.  Is there an home remedy for that?  Also, I tried to measure the voltage at the pin on my old adaptor and did not know where to measure.  There are three pins in the power supply.  I assume there is one ground and one positive and one negative.  I could not get more than two volts between any two surfaces.  Can I assume that the far outside of the plug is ground, and the small pin and the inside of the plug are the plus and minus?  I suppose that the voltage shortage is my problem, but I would still like to know which surfaces on the plug supply the power.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation