Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Honor Student
Message 1 of 10 (6,801 Views)

ACPI.SYS/Nonspecific Stop Error When Installing XP ???

I have a new Pavillion dv7-3060us with Win 7 and would like to install XP Pro dual-boot.
I have tried using nLite to slipstream the appropriate AMD SATA drivers including the F5
option, etc. but continue to get a blue screen stop error(ACPI.SYS or nonspecific). When I select the F5 option, the only choices I get are
1. Standard PC with C-Step i486
2. Other
This happens both with XP Pro and XP MCE SP2 install attempts.
Help!!!!
Tom Fisher
0 Kudos
Provost
Message 2 of 10 (6,787 Views)

Re: ACPI.SYS/Nonspecific Stop Error When Installing XP ???

For any team members who may try to help, I am attaching his text report from CPUZ.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others**
******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button is a way to say -Thanks!.******
Provost
Message 3 of 10 (6,756 Views)

Finally Tfisher has managed to get XP installed and all drivers are working_only now his Atheros will not connect. He is using the Atheros driver from Part 3 of the XP Downgrade Guide (sp39403),which shows installed & working.Wireless Assistant however refuses to run which is usually an indication of something not right with the adapter and/or driver.

Any suggestions Rakhmad or Daniel?

Btw, the SATA driver he finally used with success is Here ,which is from latest ATI which I think is at 9.12 now.

Distinguished Professor
Message 4 of 10 (6,741 Views)

@tbfisheractivea

Cheryl, PM me regarding your XP downgrade issue, good job with amd sata driver.

I'll try to help you tomorrow regarding your wireless driver, in the mean while please take a look of this thread

BTW could you post your sata hardwareID?, I'm collecting new hardwareID for future XP downgraders.

______

Pavilion DV2922TX, XP-SP3 32bit, Intel T5750 2.0Ghz, Nvidia Geforce 8400M GS with 128MB, 4GB 667 DDR2, 250GB HDD
Distinguished Professor
Message 5 of 10 (6,727 Views)

[ Edited ]

Try this modded driver for your wireless device.

Use it at your own risk

Try sp46630.exe for your wirless device, here

______

Pavilion DV2922TX, XP-SP3 32bit, Intel T5750 2.0Ghz, Nvidia Geforce 8400M GS with 128MB, 4GB 667 DDR2, 250GB HDD
Provost
Message 6 of 10 (6,715 Views)

[ Edited ]

And for the SM Bus which is missing in the screenshots you emailed to me, the Southbridge driver in the XP Downgrade Guide should be the correct one.If not post your hd ids.

Download South Bridge Driver individually, Here

With this plus the new Atheros psoted above by Rakhmad..hopefully you will be set!

Provost
Message 7 of 10 (6,702 Views)

I noticed on your other thread that Marcelo has tried the sp46630 posted above_with no luck.

Try Atheros v7.7.0.259 here:

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/topic/15297-atheros-modded-driver-for-windws-7-vista-and-winxp

Just extract the driver somewhere and use the update driver method to install.

Student
Message 8 of 10 (5,283 Views)

acpi.sys refrain XP setup

I have the same problem : I am running a Pavilion dv7series x 64 bits with 4 BG and 500 GB SATA hard drive (ST 9500420 AS SATA ).
I did a new partition of 30GB with Paragon Partition Manager intending to install Windows XP operating System 32 bits into it.
I strictly followed the instruction from Paragon for do the partition and install a new O.S.
Everything goes OK until reach around the middle of the setup that the computer stops showing this statement:

STOP: 0X0000007E (0XC0000005, 0XF73B8D66, DXF78D1EA0, 0XF78D1B9C)
Acpi.sys ─ Address F73B8D66 base at F73Ad000 dataestamp 41107d27

If a drive is identified in the stop message, disable the driver or check with the manufacturer for driver update.
All the items in Device Manager are upgraded. Also the BIOS is upgraded
I checked into Device Manager and Task Manager for acpi.sys to disable it, but not disable button is there.
I open Windows ─ System32 – Drivers, I tried to rename acpi.sys and a box said: Access Denied.
I persisted on installing the XP operating system pressing F6 – F7 just before starting the setup and got the following information:

Remove any newly installed hard drive or hard drive controller. Check your hard drive to make sure it is properly configured and terminated.
STOP: 0x0000007B (0xF78D2524, 0xC0000034, 0x00000000, 0x0000000

I played around in the Bios to change the hard drive to IDE/SATA but Windows 7 does not have an option as Vista has.
help me please !!
Grad Student
Message 9 of 10 (5,278 Views)

if you still have the recoverry partition (which i urge you to keep) and the hptools partition windows plus the hidden winpe partiton ... adding another partition will change the drive to a dynamic one ... the harddrive can handle 4 partitions... on basic mode.. dynamic mode screws things up..... just a thought
Grad Student
Message 10 of 10 (5,277 Views)

also the error your showing looks like a sata controller error follow the xp downgrade guides to slipstream the correct sata/ide controller drivers
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation