cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Level 1
13 12 0 2
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

ALL USERS WITH DEAD NVIDIA GPU'S SIGN HERE SAYING SO WITH MODEL NUMBERS OF LAPTOPS

HP Recommended

I AM FED UP WITH SEEING HP REFUSING TO ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THE NVIDIA CHIPSET GPU'S BURN OUT AND FRY THE MOTHERBOARDS ON AMD AND INTEL BASED NOTEBOOKS. I AM CURRENTLY SEEKING ADVICE ON THIS MATTER AS I HAVE A PAVILION DV2000 (DV2224EA) NOTEBOOK THAT AT STARTUP MAKES ONE LONG BEEP AND 2 SHORTER BEEPS INDICATING A FRIED GPU AND MOTHERBOARD.

HP CLEARLY ADMIT ON SOME MODELS THIS IS A KNOWN PROBLEM AND THEY CALL BACK AND REPLACE SOME MODELS FOR FREE BUT THEY DONT FOR INTEL MODELS.

WE ALL NEED TO STAND UP AND FIGHT THIS BECAUSE UNLESS WE GET EVERYONE SUFFERING TO LOG THIS HP WILL REFUSE TO DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT AT ALL.

THERES WORDS TO ME WERE, WE HAVENT HAD THE NUMBERS SUFFICIANT TO PROVIDE YOU WITH SUPPORT CLAIMS WISE.

ITS TIME PEOPLE, MAKE YOURSELVES HEARD, THEY CANNOT ADMIT FAULT ON SOME AND NOT ON OTHERS WITH THE SAME CHIPSET

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
1 1 0 1
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

In the last 2 months I have had to replace 2 x DV6000 series main boards and one DV2000 series main board because of this problem. Not got the model numbers for the DV6000's but the DV2000 is model number DV2175ea.

Seeing as HP US have offered a Limited Warranty Service Enhancement to address the issue, then it's about time they admitted that it is a widespread problem affecting a considerable amount of users and offered global warranty repair for this problem.

After 15 years of singing their praises and recommending their products, rest assured i wont be doing it again after being on the receiving end of this saga.

Highlighted
Level 4
148 148 6 38
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Since Daniel is referring to nVidia chipset laptops not under the enhanced/extended warranty, what would suit Daniel's purpose and join others together the most would be if only those who have a laptop that is not covered under the extended warranty posted about the specific, full model # of theirs.  Otherwise, we already have topics about the laptops covered under the extended warranty.

If anyone else has a stuck caps lock key, maybe we can track down that problem too.  :TongueOut:

Highlighted
Level 7
946 878 11 89
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi ,

There is already a thread on this issue here.

I am going to ask you to add any comments or feedback you have to this existing thread.

Thanks.

• Clicking the "Kudos star" to the left is a great way to say thanks!

• When your problem has been solved, accept the solution by clicking the "Accept as Solution" button to help other members in the future!

Rules of Participation
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation