cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Olde
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

AMD Catalyst Control Center cannot be started

Pavilion dv7-6199us
Windows 7

So due to an error on my part, I deleted Catalyst Control Center from my computer. I reinstalled it with the driver software available on HP Support but when I try to run Catalyst Control Center, I get an error message saying, "AMD Catalyst Control Center cannot be started. There are currently no settings that can be configured using AMD Catalyst Control Center." Any possible solutions?

What I want to do is get CCC to work so I can follow the instructions here: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02948560

I want to make my Radeon graphics card the default graphics card for my computer, but because of a myriad of major software issues, none of which are remedied through the driver software available on HP Support, this just isn't happening.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Retired
Retired
7,336 6,290 358 763
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello @Olde,

I understand that your AMD Catalyst Control Center cannot be started on your notebook computer, and I would be happy to assist you in this matter!

To successfully run the AMD Catalyst Control Center (CCC) once again, I recommend re-installing the original software and hardware drivers that first came with your computer. This can be done by following the steps in this document on Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 7). Once installed, please follow this resource on Using HP Support Assistant (Windows 7) to update the new software. This should help to properly start CCC once again.

If the issue continues, I also suggest returning your system back to a previous restore point to before Catalyst Control Center was first deleted from your computer. This can be done by following this document on Using Microsoft System Restore (Windows 7).

Please re-post with the results of your troubleshooting, and I look forward to your reply!

Regards Smiley Happy

MechPilot
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
Olde
3 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I followed your instructions and downloaded the latest drivers for my AMD Radeon driver. I downloaded the latest HP Support Assistant version and updated a number of features. It did not restore Catalyst Control Center. I downloaded the latest version of CCC from AMD's official site. It is still giving me an error message when I try to open it: "AMD Catalyst Control Center cannot be started. There are currently no settings that can be configured using AMD Catalysti Control Center." I then attempted to go back to an earlier restore point, however, HP Support Assistant made about 15 restore points when I told it to update, meaning the latest restore point is still after CCC was deleted from my PC.

So CCC still doesn't work, even though I downloaded it anew and restored the AMD Radeon drivers through HP Recovery and I can't use a restore point because the earliest is still after CCC was deleted from my PC. From what I understand, this means the only way I can get CCC operational again onto my computer is to do a factory restore, which I do not want to do.

Also, why does disabling either of my GPUs reduce my screen resolution to 1024 x 768, but having them both enabled allows me to set my resolution to 1600 x 900? Both GPUs say that they are working properly in the Device Manager.

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
7,336 6,290 358 763
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi again Olde,

It is good to hear back from you!

While I understand that you do not wish to recover your system, I do recommend performing a backup and recovery on your operating system. This should help bring your system back to factory defaults, and provide a "clean slate" to install Catalyst Control Center. This  can be done by following the steps in this document on Backing Up Your Files (Windows 7), as well as Performing an HP system recovery (Windows 7).

If the issue continues after recovering your operating system, please call our technical support at 800-474-6836. If you live outside the US/Canada Region, please click the link below to get the support number for your region.

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html

I hope this helps!

Regards 🙂

MechPilot
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation