cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Level 1
3 2 1 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Solved!

AMD Catalyst Control Center not opening

HP Recommended

My laptop model is HP Envy 6 1178-sa
i just updated my graphic card (AMD 7670HD series to driver 13.251.0.0) and now the Catalyst Control Centre application is not opening at all, not even an error sign pops up
what should i do?

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 2
14 9 1 1
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Try this way:

- uninstall the catalyst from windows control panel -> programs

- reboot and reinstall the driver

it may require two reboots to install correctly the catalyst driver, if it is not working yet just use the hp recovery utility to reinstall the original driver

Highlighted
Author
Level 1
3 2 1 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Thanks Steve87
The reinstalling and reboot did not work out too well and it somehow corrupted some files but I have downloaded the HP solution file and it fixed everything for me - I think it was a problem with the driver itself
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 17
Level 17
47,500 41,746 4,568 12,077
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

If you updated the graphics driver with other than the AMD graphics softpaq from HP or installed the Intel graphics softpaq seperately, then what you are seeing is what I would expect.

Is your notebook one with switchable graphics? 

Download the operating system appropriate AMD graphics softpaq from the download section of the web support portal for your notebook. Use it to uninstall all drivers and Catalyst Control Center. Use it one more time and choose express install of everything, including thye Catalyst Control Center.

Do not install an Intel driver seperately.

I am not an HP Employee.
Don't forget to click on Accept as Solution if my post or reply helped you resolve your issue.
You can say thanks by giving me a Kudo if my reply helped. To give a Kudo just click on the

For laptops, use the Fn+Esc keystroke while logged into Windows to locate. the Product number
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation