Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Mike7154 Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

AMD Processor upgrade for HP Notebook 15-af131dx

HP Notebook 15-af131dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Can I upgrade my processor (A6 5200) to a A10 processor if so what do I need and what is compatible?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES
Provost Provost
Provost
37072 5595 9642
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Here is your Service manual:

Manual

See pages 1 and 18. There is no A10 option on that model and even to upgrade to an A8 would take replacement of the whole motherboard, which is pretty much an economic non-starter. 

If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it. 

0 Kudos
nytegeek Tutor
Tutor
8 1 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

What is being left out is the fact that the APU is soddered to the board. Max your ram at 8 gigs and buy an ssd. That is the best performance boost you can get on this model.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation