Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
flcph2015 Top Student
Top Student
8 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

AMD Radeon HD/Intel switchable graphics

Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

hello

since i upgraded to window 10  I cannot use my AMD Radeon hd card,

and on catalyst i dont have the choice anymore to switche from one card to the other, what can i do , basically my computer run only on intel HD Graphics card, no no open gl ,no games anymore.......

thank you

I have an hp dv7

HP Pavilion dv7-6b00 serie

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES
Provost Provost
Provost
14016 1324 3144
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

flcph2015

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but the situation is that you should not have done the Win10 Upgrade.  Their Upgrade tool does a really poor job of detecting switchable graphics prior to the updrade, and as a result, folks like you end up with machines that are no longer fully functional.  Same thing happened to me.

With switchable graphics, the only working drivers come from the OEMs that make the machines, because the hardware is customized, so to have to be the drivers.  MS does not supply these drivers, nor do the video card makers.

So, without HP Win10 drivers for your PC, you're stuck with only two outcomes:

1) Keep Win10 and struggle with the graphics problem

2) Return your PC to the original OS.

I chose the second because I prefer a PC with an older OS where everything worked, to a PC with a new OS, where some things do not work.

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
Associate Dean
Associate Dean
11219 436 813
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

flcph2015 wrote:

hello

since i upgraded to window 10  I cannot use my AMD Radeon hd card,

and on catalyst i dont have the choice anymore to switche from one card to the other, what can i do , basically my computer run only on intel HD Graphics card, no no open gl ,no games anymore.......

thank you

I have an hp dv7

HP Pavilion dv7-6b00 serie

What we got here is a upgrade that didn't support your switchable graphics setup. Your only choice is to revert back to the support O/S that you had to be able to use the switchable graphics. Until HP releases a Switchable graphics driver for Win10 for your model(since we have no idead which one exaclty it is)you will have to revert back.

-------- Looking for HP driver support When Windows 10 O/S isn't Supported ------
Windows 10 drivers may be available through Windows Update

Click 'Learn More' below for steps on using Windows Update to determine what drivers might be available for your product. Please be aware that HP does not guarantee Windows 10 drivers will be available from Windows Update.
Learn more
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This is a HP USER community forum.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
BTW, Millions of folks have gone back from Win10 to their prior O/S -- something you don't hear about from MS. by WAWood but ALL to TRUE
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Those that want HD Gaming should plan to invest in a Gaming Laptop to handle those requirements. Eamples GTA V or Crysis 3.
0 Kudos
flcph2015 Top Student
Top Student
8 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

thank you for your quick answer,  will go back to window 7

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation