cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Solved!

AMD graphics drivers dont work

HP Recommended

Yesterday i updated my graphics drivers with amd auto detec tool and it downloaded latest available for my card(Radeon HD 8670M) . After the update catalyst didnt work , i tried opening a game and performance was horrible. I tried deleting that and installing one from Hp site that is recommended for my laptop, still nothing, catalyst dont work and drivers also. When i open device manager it shows drivers are working. (http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?os=4158&lc=en&cc=hr&dlc=en&sw_lang=&product=5409...  this is the site i downloaded it second time, i found it with my product key. I ran out of ideas after  installing different drivers few times , even tried windows update feature which worked for a short time, but i couldnt set programs to run with Amd graphics card and when i tried to update catalyst , everything went mad again and i had to uninstall. So if i can get any help i would be very grateful, i will provide more info if needed.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 5
224 221 10 30
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Leutrix wrote:

Yesterday i updated my graphics drivers with amd auto detec tool and it downloaded latest available for my card(Radeon HD 8670M) . After the update catalyst didnt work , i tried opening a game and performance was horrible. I tried deleting that and installing one from Hp site that is recommended for my laptop, still nothing, catalyst dont work and drivers also. When i open device manager it shows drivers are working. (http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?os=4158&lc=en&cc=hr&dlc=en&sw_lang=&product=5409...  this is the site i downloaded it second time, i found it with my product key. I ran out of ideas after  installing different drivers few times , even tried windows update feature which worked for a short time, but i couldnt set programs to run with Amd graphics card and when i tried to update catalyst , everything went mad again and i had to uninstall. So if i can get any help i would be very grateful, i will provide more info if needed.

Did you follow the examples that AMD had up on there website concerning Un/Install? How to Unistall and How to Install to the letter? And did you check to see wether your device has a discret graphics driver and or wether or not it was INTEL based or AMD? Very important things to know before installing drivers, knowing your notebook and its hardware.

Your Drivers contain Intel and Amd friend Switchible graphics please Read THIS. Please follow the directions to the T when it comes to uninstalling the AMD drivers and only use the drivers specific to your notebook base specs I beleive its Intel based.

Pavilion 17-e188sd Notebook PC
AMD E1-2500 Radeon 8200
Samsung SSD EVO 840
Corsair DDR3 8192 MB RAM
QC 802.11bgn/BT/Win 8.1 64 bit

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for reply , i got it working now
Cheers 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 5
224 221 10 30
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Leutrix wrote:

Thanks for reply , i got it working now
Cheers 

No problem but just incase here is another link from a similar post that might be important to you. Please CLICK HERE.

Pavilion 17-e188sd Notebook PC
AMD E1-2500 Radeon 8200
Samsung SSD EVO 840
Corsair DDR3 8192 MB RAM
QC 802.11bgn/BT/Win 8.1 64 bit

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation