Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Worked great !

HP Recommended

my flash disk always say access denied and you cannot format it.

HP Recommended

Did you try the help provided in message 9 of this thread (from JordanGeer) ?

I uninstalled the HP Device Manager software as mentioned in my earlier post, and I'm not about to re-install it at this time, because I don't see any need for it, at least at this time... maybe if I migrate to a new version of Wondows (currently running Windows 7)... and I'll have to refer back to this thread again.

HP Recommended

Jordan Greer, thanks so much for taking the time to post these instructions, worked perfectly.  I've had this computer for a while.  Still have no clue why this suddenly blocked my USB access.  Surfed to your post, entirely by change.  So, thanks again! 

HP Recommended

Thanks for your info bro.. my problem already done now..

HP Recommended

Amazing, thanks!

I think it's obvious HP have no interest in offering any kind of support through these forums, so it's a lifesaver that some users out there are able to help in these situations

HP Recommended

Thanks so much - you alone were able to help me.  Where is HP?

HP Recommended

Thank you so much for the easy way to fix the problem.  It's unbelievable that HP shipped so many new laptops with access to the usb and card slots denied.  I was glad to have found your post after reading through some other more detailed/more difficult solutions!

HP Recommended

I can't access my usb devices on this HP computer. I am the administrator and have all privileges.

HP Recommended

Did you read the prior posts in this thread and try the solutions ?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.