Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
OctoMax Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Adding a 2.5'' hard drive to the HP OMEN Y8Q00AV_1 with 512GB SSD option

HP OMEN Y8Q00AV_1

I'm looking to buy a new laptop and I want to buy the OMEN with the 512 GB SSD but acording to this thread on the older models the SSD only option did not come with the necessary brackets to install an after market 2.5'' drive. Does anyone know if the new OMEN laptops have this same bracket issue?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Provost Provost
Provost
74393 74283 9052 19516
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Same. The bracket only comes with dual storage configuration.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
0 Kudos
OctoMax Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Banhien,

Thanks a lot for the quick response! You are much more helpful than HP support.

This is very fusturating because I would buy this laptop right now if I didn't have to worry about buying a configuration with harddrives I don't want just to get brackets. Is there any way to buy the brackets aftermarket?

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation