Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
AgkHP Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Administrator Password...Can't bypass, forgot my password.

HP Dv6-14355dx
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

System disable code is 61996239.

I need to access bios so I can turn on boot option for my laptop so I can use my recovery disc because of a blue screen error.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES
Provost Provost
Provost
43869 3257 13564
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Try 74694819

Btw, usually you can tap Esc key after powering on to bring up a menu where you tap F9 for Boot options to select CD/DVD as boot device.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the Thumbs-Up button as a way to say Thanks!***

AgkHP Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hmm, I was able to bypass administrator password thanks to your help! And access to Boot option.

Though, it turns for the worst as I ended up with no system restores and startup repair not working? I tried various methods such as command prompt & "fixmbr", but there was no partion to be found?

Now my PC hangs at the "starting window" and I can't access safe mode. My harddrive seems to be failing as well, but once today I was able to access pass the "starting windows", but end up with a blank black screen then restarted itself by itself. 

Not sure what to do, I want to backup my harddrive files on the PC then get a new one.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation