Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi,

I have HP laptop with preinstalled Windows8 operating system. It was working fine till yesterday but yesterday it bacame slow so i tried the recovery manager but it did not succeed properly so I restarted the laptop. Now after booting it shows the Administrtor user for login and after clicking on the Administrator Icon , it is showing me an error as Your account has been disabled please see your system administrator

I am not sure how to resolve this issue. There is no other user icons coming for login.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks,

PravinK

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

I have the same issue.. tried resfred/reset and now when t restarts goes back to the recovery manager

HP Recommended

Hi brunocal. It appears as though there is a known solution for the error "our account has been disabled please see your system administrator".
I have found the steps outlined here.
Windows - Administrator account has been disabled:
http://en.kioskea.net/faq/27077-windows-administrator-account-has-been-disabled

If you need help getting into safe mode, refer to this document.
How To Boot Into Safe Mode On Windows 8:
http://www.howtogeek.com/107511/

Let me know if this helps.

TwoPointOh
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

Capture48.JPGHi! Don't wish to cause problems here, but are you aware that one of your links contains what I consider malware.

http://en.kioskea.net/faq/27077-windows-administrator-account-has-been-disabled

This link has a download that contains the following. If I'm misinformed, please correct me.Capture48.JPG

HP Recommended

Good point Dokie. You wouldn't want to click on any of the download links, but the troubleshooting steps in text format are what I was trying to point at. Sorry for any confusion.

TwoPointOh
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

Hi Terry! N/P. I'm so sick of the internet. It seems to get worse every day. Seems like every program you down load has a down load manager or some other gimmick. I spend a lot of time cleanning up seniors PC here at Golden Oaks. I never charge for my service. I come to forums like this one to learn how to help them. Thanks for your reply.

Dokie!:smileyhappy:

PS I gave you a kudo.

HP Recommended

Hi, after trying to do a recovery (unsuccessful), I started to get this Adminsitrator page upon startup.  It says "Your account has been disabled. Please see your system administrator."  No other button except "ok".  After clicking ok, takes me to the login page with my username.  It accepts my password and I am able to login and use my laptop.  Do I need to fix this or just let it be.  Thanks

HP Recommended
Yeah, I did a factory reset and has the same thing happen. If you read your log, there are some weird things when you recover using a broken/ corrupted image restore file. For example, my admin account is local and has no password. I can't do anything to change it either so I just made a password recovery flash for it. I'm sure you'll all notice weird things from a Corrupted recovery file. Bear mind, all your Windows updates are gone from the time that Windows image file was made as well. I'm going to buy a MacBook pro and just turn my hp notebook into a wireless media center and combine it with my flatscreen and not have to buy a gaming console(s).
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.