cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

After Bios update HP ENVY has stopped working and I cant get into my windows 10 laptop??? Can you he

Hp envy
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

After updating to latest Bios my HP ENVY wont start up.

My os is Windows 10

After update all I get is a flashing capslock (twice) and a black screen. 

Help me please as I need my computer every day.

Thanks in anticipation

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
2,785 2,654 144 332
Message 2 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

After Bios update HP ENVY has stopped working and I cant get into my windows 10 laptop??? Can you he

Hi @Pearlypuff,

Welcome to the HP Forums! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums, I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I have read your post and wanted to help. I understand that after updating the BIOS, your laptop does not start. You mentioned that the LED near Caps Lock flashes twice which indicates the BIOS corrupted.

If the computer does not automatically recover the BIOS, manually perform a BIOS recovery by following these steps:

1. Turn off the computer.

2. Plug the notebook into power using the power adapter.

3. While the computer is still off:

1. Press and hold the Windows key and the B key at the same time, and then press and hold down the Power button on the notebook for one second.

2. Release the Power button and the keys.

By following these steps the BIOS will reach the EFI partition in order to recover the BIOS to the last known good version of the BIOS from the hard drive.

For information on how to restore the BIOS refer to the HP support document: HP Notebook PCs - Restoring the BIOS.

If this post helps you to reach a solution, please click the "Accept as Solution" button down below in this message. If you wish to say "thanks" for my effort to help, click the "thumbs up" to give me Kudos. 

Let me know if you need further assistance.

Regards,

SDJL
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ”on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi

Thank you for you reply and help but infortunately I have tried your steps above but nothing happens and i still have a blank screen and the computer does not start up...i just get the 'two' blinking lights on the Caps Lock key again!

Any other suggestions that i could try....i really need my computer working I am lost without it.

Thanks again.

Jill

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
2,785 2,654 144 332
Message 4 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Pearlypuff,

Thank you for the quick reply.

Have you tried to recover the BIOS using an external storage device as I gave in the last post: Recovering the notebook BIOS using an external storage device?

If this did not help, please contact HP Phone Support.

SDJL
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ”on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
Highlighted
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi I did read up about it...but in the meantime been speaking to support at HP and they say that would not help in this instance and I have to send the unit back to HP to be fixed.  Painful but necessay

Thanks very much for you help

Regards

pearlypuff

0 Kudos
Highlighted
4 3 0 0
Message 6 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I'm having the same problem and ive tried everything. Hard reset. Restoring BIOS. i tried connecting to an external monitor but that doesn't work. I feel like this is not my fault windows did not allow me to cancel updating it just restarted my laptop as i was using it. i dont think i should have to pay 59.99 for phone support or anything else. This is a huge inconvenience to me as i use my laptop everyday for work.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
12 10 0 2
Message 7 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I cant stop the recovery BIOS... it writes the new BIOS says it verifies it then reboots and does it again. For 2 minutes now. I tried even removing the battery exactly after it was done writing the BIOS and restarting using windows and b while starting it. NO HELP

0 Kudos
Highlighted
4 3 0 0
Message 8 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

mine does the exact same thing except just goes back to the blank screen and stays there.

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation