cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Level 1
3 0 0 2
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post

After Windows 10 Update, Laptop will not totally turn off.

HP Recommended
HP 15 Notebook P J9M38UA#ABA
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

After Windows 10 update there a couple of problems.

1)  As I already posted in another post. My laptop locks up after it goes to "Sleep" and I must push the power button in order to get it to wake up from "sleep". I have read some of the other posts concerning that and nothing works yet. 

2)  It appears that the laptop doesn't turn off totally. The screen goes dark, and the fan shut's down, but the light for the internet connection/airplane mode and the blue light on the right hand side of the computer for the drive activity, I believe that is what is for, stays on also. 

3)  I have adjusted the setting for the "TouchPad" to be disconnected when there is a USB pointing device  connected and it works just fine until I turn the laptop off. When I turn it back on, the settings have been reset to the default settings. It will not retain "New" setting after shutting down. (  To be honest, I didn't try turning the touch pad off while I had Windows 8 installed, so I don't know if that problem is associated only with Windows 10, or if it is a symtom in both OS'S. )

4)  I also have found that the on board camera is not functional. I could access it and see what is in the "View Finder", but when trying to capture the photo, it would say that there was an error and to try again. Now while writing this post, I tried to open the camera, ( actually  had Cortana do it, pretty cool.  ) and it won't funtion at all now. Not sure what has happened with this since yesterday when I first  noticed this problem.

I like Windows 10, except for these problems, and would like to continue to use it. However, If these things can not be dealt with, I will have to go back to Windows8.1 untill they are resolved.

Any help would be great!!

Thanks

Michael

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Level 4
102 97 5 12
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

In windows 10 there is an option to turn off the display only, Check the power settings.

You may find a solution of your problem.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 2 0 0
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended
I am too facing the exactly same problems with my hp pavillion 15 and i have already gone back to windows 8.1 because as said above the laptop wouldn't shutdown completely and thus it got discharged overnight twice. So please provide a fix as soon as possible as i was enjoying the other features and improvements.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 3 0 1
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have an HP EliteBook Folio 9470m with the same issue. I read that I need an APCI driver from HP (Advanced Power Control Interface Driver) but I can't seem to find it.

As a workaround, hold down the shift key as you click shut down. It's been working for me.

If anyone is able to find the APCI driver from HP please let us all know. I came to try to find the driver.

I hope this helps.

Vinn83

Highlighted
3 3 0 1
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I had the excact same problem. But uninstalling HP CoolSense (2.2) solved (so far) the problem with the computer not shutting down properly.

Highlighted
3 3 0 1
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I don't see an HP app called Coolsense, but do see other HP apps. I wonder it if its worth uninstalling all HP apps and see if I can shut down. any opinions anyone?  thanks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 2 0 0
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It might be related to an HP MEI driver incompatibility.  See this post:

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-Systems-and-Software/Sleep-and-Shutdown-issues-after...

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation