cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
bac0467
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

After Windows 10 update, Webcam driver nowhere to be found

HP Recommended
Pavilion dv6t
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Before my Windows 10 update my webcam was working perfectly.    

After the update to Windows 10, my webcam stopped working and the driver wasn't anywhere on my laptop.  I recovered back to my Windows 7, but the driver was still gone.

Currently I am back running Windows 10 and cannot find the driver online.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Sparkles1
Retired
Retired
14,461 14,098 715 1,914
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Welcome to the HP Forums!Smiley Happy

It is a great place to find answers and information!

For you to have the best experience in the HP forum I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide.

Learn How to Post and More

How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?

I grasp that after updating to Windows 10 your webcam stopped working.  You reverted back to Windows 7 but there was no change.  You have since re-upgraded to Windows 10.

Without your exact model I could not search to see if HP has updated drivers for Windows 10.

Have you done all your Windows updates?

Have you tried running the Windows troubleshooter?

Have you ran the HP Support Assistant ?

Here is a link to HP Notebook, Touch, and AiO PCs - Webcam Troubleshooting (Windows 😎.  Although the link lists Windows 8 the steps are the same except for the software download.

Here are some links that may assist with that. 

Check the Windows 10 Compatibility of CyberLink Products on Your PC.

Cyberlink YouCam Update Software

Here are two more links that may also help.

HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 😎

HP PCs - Common Solutions for Windows 10

To say thanks for responding please click the thumbs up icon below.

If this aided in overcoming your difficulty please alert posters by selecting accepted solution.

Good Luck!

Sparkles1

wombar
3 3 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have all of the windows  updates  I have tried to download a new driver from Cyberlink but got a message that I could not.  I have Pavillion g7=1310us    My youcam  has not worked since I loaded Windows 10. 

0 Kudos
waldmed
2 2 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I had the same problem.

I found simple solution in the youtube.

the problem is only small connector, you have to push it back.

this is the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKGz4lvYnhc

I hope this will fix it for you.

A simple fix that took me months to find the solution for hope this helps let me know
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation