Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Hp probook 440 g3
Linux

Hello ,

I have hp probook 440 g3 , and i am running windows 10 , i hav found all the drivers easily and works great, now i want to change my os and install linux ubuntu , but i could not find the valid drivers for my product, can anyone guide me, either can i use linux ubuntu with full specs on my hp probook 440 g3 , if yes then where can i find the valid drivers for all the components . 

Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

what are the exact specs of your machine. i can give you some advice wheater using linux is a good or bad option. 

linux woks better on intel machines with integrated graphics. 

HP Recommended

i have hp probook 440 g3 , 

processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)i7-6500U CPU @ 2.50GHz 2.59GHz

RAM: 4 GB

500 gb hdd hard drive

HP Recommended

thanx.....

as far as i can see, it does not have a discrete video card, the video card is integrated into the cpu. this is a good news. 

now, what you shoud do; go to ubuntu, download ubuntu 16.04, create a bootable usbdrive using rufus (from windows) and give him a try. you do not need to install any driver since the drivers are already included in linux kernel. in time, you will learn much about linux. the main problem shoud be if you hane dts sound, i do not know if the dts sound is working as it should. 

HP Recommended

Adnan3

Hello;

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!

I've been running different Linux distros for over ten years, and they are more different than you would imagine ...

The primary difficulty is using laptops in Linux is the nearly total lack of specialized drivers needed for the specialized hardware found in laptops. In desktops, this is not nearly so serious a problem because the hardware tends to be more generic and there is often the option of swapping in hardware for which there are Linux drivers.

The single BEST source of information in your case is the community forum for the distro that you are running. There, unlike here, you will find folks that use that distro every day, and are well-steeped in what is needed to workaround driver problems.

Here's a link to the Ubuntu Forums:  http://ubuntuforums.org/

Good Luck

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

let me tell you one thing.....

first of all, do not hurry up for a basic question on a specialized forum, you will end up in a such a big confusion and you will raise your hand in the air and scream.

just install ubuntu 16.04 and look subsequently to solve your problem using google. 

install and report me back, i will try to be your guide. 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.