Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

When I try to play a video it plays supper zoomed in. Doesn't matter what I'm watching it on. Youtube videos, videos on the netflix app, any videos at all play super zoomed in and distorted. I've tried everything. ctrl + scroll doesn't work, ctrl and + doesn't, ctrl, alt [ does nothing, turning of adobe flash does nothing. Please help

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hey there! @calistakate, Welcome to HP forums.

I understand that when you play videos on your PC, It plays zoomed in.

Don't worry I will try to help you out.

Are you using any video player to play videos on your PC?

Please try the steps recommended below.

AMD Catalyst Control Centre. The menu path might be Video; Quality; Video Demo Mode. Enable Demo Mode and select "Full-screen mode (enhancements off)". I then clicked on apply.

change your screen resolution. right click on your desktop, click on "Properties", go to the "Settings" tab, and move the slider towards "More".

Right click on desktop, display settings
Try the top slider on display choice, "Change the size of text, apps, and other items"
Select 100% and check if it helps.

Let me know if this helps!

Have a great day ahead! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

So, I had a very similar problem, except in my case it's intermittent with no clear pattern: some videos play zoomed in, others don't. In some instances, the same video is zoomed in sometimes but not others - one time when I was watching a programme on BBC iPlayer, it suddenly zoomed in part way through the programme. I've been through all the suggestions about driver updates, Windows updates, HP Support Assistant, etc etc with no joy. Until...

So far, the AMD Catalyst Control Centre thing has worked both times I've tried it (Enable Video Demo Mode, select "Full-screen mode (enhancements off)", click Apply. The problem is, my notebook shut down, it reverted to the default setting and the problem came back - and a message came up telling me that will happen each time. Is there any way to make it permanent? Or to create the same effect permanently via a different route? I really don't want to have to do that every time I restart my notebook.

HP Recommended

You might notice that the videos play fine as long as the laptop is not plugged in.  It works on battery mode.  It's the strangest thing!  How do we fix this?  I have tried the steps mentioned, which do not exactly follow the Windows 10 menus.  "Maximized" is not an option under MultiMedia Settings.  

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.