cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Level 1
6 4 0 1
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Annoying Beeping Sound

EliteBook 850 G2
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

Hi,

I'm pretty happy with my EliteBook 850 G2 (Product number: J8R65EA#ABB) that I bought approx. 1 month ago.

Only thing is that sometimes (especially when I use internet browsers) some internal beeping sound starts.

It seems if i close the browser (Chrome, FireFox or I.E.) the beeping sound stops.

Any idea why this occurs?

I have all drivers up to date using HP Software Assistance and also most recent Windows updates.

Many thanks,

Traian

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 2
Level 2
22 22 1 2
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Annoying Beeping Sound

Hello ,

The laptop would have come with IE7 - both 32 & 64 bit versions.  If you still have either of those, then IE8 did not install correctly.  I suggest that you uninstall IE8 and try again. 

To uninstall http://support.microsoft.com/kb/957700

To download a fresh copy http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=3AEDA9DB-B318-408A-860B-BC37BD6AB70C&displa...

Regads,

Venkat

0 Kudos
Level 1
6 4 0 1
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Annoying Beeping Sound

Dear Venkat,

Thank you for your reply.

I removed IE and reinstalled it. The beeping sounds can still be heared.

The problem is not generated by Internet Explorer itself since I can still hear the sounds in Chrome or FireFox.

Any other ideas what triggers these "beeping sounds"?

These sounds are coming from the internal hardware btw...

Kinds regards,

Traian

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation