cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

Atheros AR5007 - Amber Light on boot

HP Recommended

Hi there I'm new here and have encountered a problem with my Compaq Presario CQ60-409SA the problem is that when Windows 7 Home Premium (64 Bit) boots the wireless LED will turn blue for approx. 3 seconds then return to amber i then have to wait to login to the desktop and then press the Wireless Button 2 times for it to become blue so the wireless is active

I have also tried launching HP Wireless Assistant and it will not run, tired reinstalling it but still the same problem, quite annoying when you have to press the button every time you want to enable the wireless.

Compaq Presario 409SA - Win 7 x64

Atherios AR5007.

Thanks For Reading.

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
2 2 0 0
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I'm so glad I'm not the only one having this issue.  This just arose yesterday on our CQ60-212US.  I formatted the drive today and have a fresh install as we speak.  Our issue is EXACTLY like the post above and I have no idea how it started and how to fix it.  I'm hoping someone could shed some light on this issue.  I updated the bios, drivers, all the normal things to check.

Help please!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Same problem with a Compaq CQ50-100CA.

The problem just recently occured after an update was installed.  I tried to roll back the driver update - but the problem is still present. 

I noticed that "Microsoft Virtual" WiFi Miniport Adapter was recently installed... I wonder is this is part of the problem

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I don't feel that is going to help anyone can you please refain from using your bad language too, Don't post if your not posting anything to help anyway on this issue, Jeez!

By the way I found resetting the CMOS battery helped fix the problem, you can try that by removing the battery for over 1 hour,. it is located under the HDD Cover.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
6 5 0 1
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I had this problem too. You need the HP Wireless Assistant for Windows 7- ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp44501-45000/sp44700.exe

Once installed, open the HP Wireless Assistant and click Properties button. Check the box next to "Independent controls for installed wireless devices." Then click "Turn All On" button. On next boot it will be enabled!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

techmi26 wrote:

I had this problem too. You need the HP Wireless Assistant for Windows 7- ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp44501-45000/sp44700.exe

Once installed, open the HP Wireless Assistant and click Properties button. Check the box next to "Independent controls for installed wireless devices." Then click "Turn All On" button. On next boot it will be enabled!

Thank you...problem solve

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation